Frugal Accomplishments from June 27th to July 19th

I decided to go ahead and post frugal accomplishments today.

1. The youngest child went to a horse camp on a scholarship. It was only $10 OOP for me. He had a great time.

2. I'm not a morning person, so I made him breakfast burritos ahead of time and put in the freezer.

3. Ate mostly at home. The exceptions were on Free Tea day at McAlister's and a night of takeout Chinese.

4. I accepted a box of crochet magazines, yarn, and gloves. The gloves went to the library for their 'Chase the Chill' project.

5. I accepted other free clothing and shoes. What I'm not keeping I will donate.

6. I went to the library to make bags out of T-shirts. Now I can replace all my dying cloth Walmart bags with sturdier ones.

7. I helped a friend from church move. She bought everyone pizza.

8. I got free tea at McAlister's and a free tea from Starbucks.

9. I wasn't charged for a flat tire fix at Big O Tires. Not sure if it was because I was there for so long or the fact they found five nails in the tire. Yikes.

10. Found eggs for .40 a dozen. I bought 4 dozen.

11. Trenton and I went to the park to watch the fireworks with my church connect group. We took snack foods and others shared their food with us. I did spend $5. $2 for the train for Trenton, and $3 for an ice cream sandwich from a food truck. Food trucks are spendy, spendy.

12. I got a $25 Amazon GC from Swagbucks. I ordered two packs of T-shirts for hubby for Christmas. It was under $3 OOP.

13. My church is going to have a yard sale. You can either sell your own for a fee of $10 or just donate items. I will just donate items.

14. A friend had a ticket to an event at a local museum. Her husband couldn't go, so she invited me. It was a very informative evening. There was also food and wine served. I had water as I'm not a big drinker.

15. My middle daughter had her tonsils and adenoids out. I took pbj sandwiches with me to eat at the hospital for several reasons; 1. I was low on money, 2. Hospital food is spendy, 3. Last time I was there the food had definitely gone way down hill.

16. Several of my children and I went to Family Cooking at church one day. It was $2 a person. Quite the bargain for spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, fruit with cool whip, and brownies. I even got leftovers sent home with me. So, free dinner too.

Comments

  1. I've been so lax about Swagbucks, lately. But now that I know the release date for "Black Panther", I have it on my radar again...sort of! I think I got burnt out trying to earn gift cards for our trip to visit hubby's family at the end of last year. I need to get back on it though, movie theatre tickets are spendy spendy.

    I love that your church offers so many activities! Cool stuff to do with people you like is win win. Speaking of blessings, how wonderful was that deal you got on your tire? God is good and it's wonderful that he works through people !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts