Look at that, already behind.

Tuesday January 2nd: Frugal Accomplishments. I really need to start writing these down so I am able to post. I think the biggest accomplishment this week is that a lady from church has a son that gets braces at the same place as my youngest daughter. We scheduled appointments around the same time and I was able to ride with her saving me a ton of gas. My car is in desperate need of some repair as it is being a gas-guzzling-sucker-machine. lol We did go out to lunch at Olive Garden, but I budgeted for that. Wednesday January 3rd: Everything else. Today was my oldest daughter's birthday. She turned 19. Her gifts were a cup, a recipe book called Mocha, and a pretty lacy wall hanging. The only thing I paid for was the book at Dollar Tree (where everything is a dollar). The cup and wall hanging were given to me. She went out with a friend, so today (the 4th) I need to make her banana cheesecake https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/banana-cream-cheesecake with strawberries on top. Thursday January 4th; Use it up, eliminating food waste. I have some peppers in the fridge I need to use up. I probably need to take a look at my potatoes. I could put them together and make up some potatoes O'Brien to put in the freezer till I can use them. There's part of a head of lettuce that I'll pick up a tomato or two and French dressing to finish off with a can of tuna for lunch for myself. Not much fresh items right now. Grocery shopping has been pretty much a minimum lately, other than when a very nice church lady bought me some items at the first of December and what I've bought from some Aldi GC I got for Christmas.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your daughter's birthday! That banana cream cheesecake looks amazing. And I feel you on that trying to eliminate food waste. I try really hard to not have to throw anything away. The one upside to having to throw out rotten fruit is that I know the squirrels in our yard enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts